IHC Website Privacy Statement
By providing your personal information to us, you are consenting to the collection, storage, use and disclosure of that information as set out in this Website Privacy Statement.
- IHC (we/us/our) acknowledges and respects the privacy of individuals. This Statement sets out the way in which we collect, use, manage and protect your personal information in relation to IHC’s website and related online applications and services (including the related websites of IHC subsidiaries).
- We will comply with the Privacy Act 2020 and any other legislation in relation to how we manage personal information.
- This Privacy Statement is subject to change. Any changes will be effective when posted on our website, along with a notice of the change on our website at www.ihc.org.nz (Website).
What information do we collect and hold?
- We may collect and hold personal information provided by you when you visit the Website in relation to any of the following:
- IHC membership,
- to make a one off or regular donation,
- join the Smile Club or register for the Calf and Rural Scheme (each a Fundraising Activity), or
- register or apply for a job vacancy.
We use that personal information for the purpose of conducting our business, including i) to process and manage IHC membership applications and the related membership portal, ii) to process any Fundraising Activities and registrations, (iii) to allocate you a Supporter ID used to identify you on our fundraising database (Clarety), (iv) to profile Fundraising Activities and compile statistics (v) to deliver information to you, (vi) invitations to donate or upgrade/reactivate your donations, (vii) to notify you of any change to our Fundraising Activities or operation of them, (viii) to respond to any job application or interest, and (ix) to fulfill our legal and regulatory obligations.
- You may choose not to provide any personal information to us, however as a result we may not be able to process your membership application, Fundraising Activity or registration, or inform you of changes to our Fundraising Activities or operation of them, or respond further to any related query.
How do we use and disclose information?
- We may use the personal information that you submit to us in connection with the above-stated purposes and for direct marketing purposes. You can opt out of receiving marketing materials by contacting us at the below address.
- We may disclose personal information to third parties:
- to meet the purpose for which it was submitted (for example, in relation to IHC membership, to process Fundraising Activities or recruitment applications);
- to validate the information you provide to us in the course of any related activities;
- to contact you in relation to local IHC membership association activities and opportunities (eg contact may be made by local association committee members);
- to contact you on our behalf to reactivate or upgrade regular Fundraising Activities;
- if we are required or authorised by law to disclose the information;
- where you opt in for this information to be collected in connection with a joint promoter;
- to protect the personal safety of users of our services or the public.
- We may also disclose your information to any of our related entities (being IHC subsidiaries including IDEA Services Limited, Choices New Zealand Limited, and Accessible Properties New Zealand Limited) for the purpose of ensuring appropriate support is being provided.
Access and correction
- You can access and request correction of any personal information that we hold at any time. Any such requests should be made directly by contacting IHC (see below for details). Please note that your right to access your personal information will be subject to the relevant exceptions in the Privacy Act.
Information validation and security review
- We take reasonable measures to protect all personal information stored within our online platforms and related records. However, when providing personal information via our Website, we note that the transmission of information using the Internet is not completely secure. We therefore cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted via our Website and any such transmission is at your own risk.
- We will only send mail or email to people who we believe are willing to receive it, and only in relation to our services (including membership and fundraising). If you do not wish to receive future communications from us, please use the 'unsubscribe' link located at the bottom of our email communications or contact us on 0800 442 442.
- Please contact our Privacy Officer if you have any questions or concerns about how we manage your personal information (including requests to access or make corrections to personal information that IHC holds), either by email (privacy@IHC.org.nz), or by phone at 0800 442 442.