About the IHC Foundation
The IHC Foundation’s objective is to help ensure that people with intellectual disabilities have the opportunity to develop their talents and to lead ordinary lives in the community.
The Foundation will fund individuals and agencies whose work is consistent with the Foundation’s key objectives; which are:
- Building public and community awareness
- Providing opportunities for families and self advocates to come together
- Assisting people into meaningful work
- Promoting physical health and well-being
- Developing self-advocate leaders
The Foundation is particularly interested in well-delivered one-off projects that can demonstrate value. It is more interested in innovation and building a better future than in maintaining the status quo.