What you can expect
- treat your concern seriously
- try and resolve it quickly and fairly
- keep you informed about what we intend to do and how long it will take, if we cannot resolve it within five working days
- discuss the outcome with you
- accept complaints in any form
- welcome any support people you may wish to bring to meetings.
Taking things further
If things are not getting dealt with, you should take your concerns to the Area or Regional Service Manager.
If you are still not happy, take your concerns to the General or National Manager.
Going to someone outside the IHC Group
You can take your concerns to the Health and Disability Commissioner. It has advocates who can help you. These people are independent and provide a free service to people using health or disability support services. They help to resolve specific complaints.
Find out more:
If you have any concerns, please call IHC toll free on 0800 442 442.
More information about the Complaints Process
Things you might be interested in
IDEA Services provides support for people with an intellectual disability.
IHC is NZ's largest provider of services to people with intellectual disabilities.
IHC has offices throughout New Zealand, contact your local area office.