Take a break with us - Terms and conditions
If you would like to apply for a short break or a pamper package please accept the terms and conditions by agreeing below:
1. To be eligible for Take a break with us the person(s) “recipient(s)” must care for a person(s) with an intellectual disability, or a person(s) with an intellectual disability and autism in their home.
2. To be eligible for Take a break with us the person(s) “recipient(s)” must be a current IHC Member.
3. By entering the Take a break with us programme each applicant will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and to have agreed to be bound by them.
4. Failure to supply all requested personal information or false information at the time of submitting an application might result in your application being invalid.
5. The short break is not transferable or exchangeable, and cannot be redeemed for cash or goods.
6. Only the person(s) (“recipient(s)”) nominated in the Take a break with us programme can be awarded the short break. No other family members, friends or any other person will be able to participate on the applicant’s behalf.
7. The recipient(s) will be notified by email or telephone.
8. The recipient(s) is able to claim the short break up to three months after notification, unless otherwise stipulated. After this period, entitlement to the short break will automatically expire.
9. Where the recipient(s) is required to claim the short break in person, they must provide proper identification (eg; driver’s licence, passport, birth certificate).
10. All short breaks are subject to availability and the recipient(s) must adhere to standard terms, conditions and restrictions of the company supplying the services. Recipient(s) will be responsible for any other expenses incurred in excess of the short break offered including any additional hotel expenses (i.e. meals, beverages, WiFi, parking etc).
11. By completing an application, the recipient(s) consents to take part in promotional and marketing purposes, unless otherwise indicated.
12. At the request of IHC (‘the Provider’), the recipient(s) of the short break will cooperate in promotional activities of the Provider to the extent that can be reasonably expected of them, including publicity regarding the launch of the promotion across all media. For cooperating with these promotional activities no financial compensation will be paid.
13. Recipient(s) will be expected to complete some form of written evaluation / feedback afterwards.
14. Subject to any applicable law which cannot be excluded, the Provider and their employees are not responsible for any loss or damage whatsoever that is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential
loss) or for personal injury suffered or sustained during the course of accepting or using the short break.
15. Entry is open to New Zealand residents only. Employees of the Provider are not eligible to enter.
16. Approved applicants are not eligible for a second short break within a twelve (12) month period.
17. The decision of the Provider in relation to any aspect of the selection process is final and no correspondence will be entered into. All applications will be considered on individual merit.
18. Under the Privacy Act 1993, all individuals have to right to access and correct their personal information by contacting Danette Wilson, IHC New Zealand, PO Box 4155, Wellington 6140.