IHC (we/us/our) acknowledges and respects the privacy of individuals. This policy sets out the way in which we collect, use, manage and protect your personal information.
We are bound by the Privacy Act 1993 and, in particular, the Information Privacy Principles that are set out in the Privacy Act 1993.
What information do we collect and hold?
We may collect and hold personal information provided by you when you make a one off or regular donation, join the Smile Club or register for the Calf and Rural Scheme (each a Fundraising Activity) through our Website. We use that information for the purpose of conducting our business, including i) to process any Fundraising Activities and registrations, (ii) to allocate you a Supporter ID used to identify you on our fundraising database (Donman), (iii) to profile Fundraising Activities and compile statistics (iv) to deliver information to you, (v) invitations to donate or upgrade/reactivate your donations, (vi) to notify you of any change to our Fundraising Activities or operation of them, and (vii) to fulfill our legal and regulatory obligations.
You may choose not to provide any personal information to us, however as a result we may not be able to process your Fundraising Activity or registration, or inform you of changes to our Fundraising Activities or operation of them.
How do we use and disclose information?
We may use the personal information that you submit to us in connection with the above-stated purposes and for direct marketing purposes. You can opt out of receiving marketing materials by writing to us at the below address or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may disclose personal information to third parties:
- to meet the purpose for which it was submitted (for example, to process Fundraising Activities);
- to validate the information you provide to us in the course of any Fundraising Activities;
- to contact you on our behalf to reactivate or upgrade regular Fundraising Activities;
- if we are required or authorised by law to disclose the information;
- where you opt in for this information to be collected in connection with a joint promoter;
- to protect the personal safety of users of our services or the public.
We may also disclose your information to any of our related entities (being IDEA Services Limited and Accessible Properties New Zealand Limited).
Access and correction
You can access and request correction of any personal information concerning you at any time. You may also request that we delete your personal information at any time. Any such requests should be made directly by contacting us (see below for details). Please note that your right to gain access to your information will be subject to the relevant exceptions in the Privacy Act.
Information validation and security review
We take reasonable measures to protect all personal information stored within our fundraising database (Donman). However, when providing personal information via our Website, we note that the transmission of information using the Internet is not completely secure. We therefore cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted via our Website and any such transmission is at your own risk.
13. We strive to only send mail or email to those who want to receive it. If you do not wish to receive future communications from us, please use the 'unsubscribe' link located at the bottom of our email communications or contact us on 0800 746 444.
14. Please feel free to contact our Privacy Officer in order to manage the communication we send.
15. Please contact our Privacy Officer if you have any concerns about the use of your personal information:Helen van Druten email@example.com , 09 529 8718, IHC New Zealand Inc, PO Box 8072, Symonds Street, Auckland 1150 if you:
- wish to discuss any privacy issues;
- have any concerns regarding your personal information; or
- do not wish to receive any future communications from us.