Like other New Zealanders, disabled people are living longer than ever before. As you grow older we will give you the support you need, including a safe environment and meeting your disability support and health needs.
We provide support for age-related needs including:
- health conditions like diabetes, heart disease, and dementia
- complex medications resulting in polypharmacy (taking a large number of medicines)
- frailty with reduced skin integrity and increased risk of falls
- exercise to maintain strength and balance
- extra care and support for people with dementia
Every New Zealander has a right to live safely in their own home for as long as possible as they age. We endeavour to make this true for all the people we support.
IDEA Services supports adults of all ages with intellectual disabilities to live in their own homes and enjoy life as part of their communities.
Accessing Support Services
Access disability support services through Needs Assessment and Service Coordination organisations (NASCs) or Enabling Good Lives (EGL).
IHC is committed to help you remain either in your own home, or within our services, for your lifetime if that’s your choice.